A Simple Jew
אַשְׂכִּילָה בְּדֶרֶךְ תָּמִים
Monday, June 25, 2012
Thursday, June 21, 2012
New Book from Breslov Research Institute: Between me & You
We are proud to announce our first ever woman’s publication entitled Between me & You, Heartfelt Prayers for Each Jewish Woman. Based on Rebbe Noson’s Likutey Tefilot, (translated as the Fiftieth Gate) these short excepts are grouped by the subjects most important to Jewish Woman. This beautifully designed prayer book features the original Hebrew text, with a facing English adaption. Connect with your Creator like never before!
“A book such as this can give you access to your own inner life”
“As I recite the words of these prayers, I can almost feel a Divine smile”
-Sara Yoheved Rigler
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Update: Bnei Avraham Ahuvecha: Gerim in Chassidic Thought
In addition to being available on Amazon.com here, Bnei Avraham Ahuvecha: Gerim in Chassidic Thought can now also be purchased at SeforimCenter.com here, EverythingBreslov.com here, and in the store and online at Bloomenstiel's Israel Judaica here. I am still working to bring it to a book store near you.
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Our weekly "base"
"ליום השבת טוב להדות לה
For the day of Shabbos it is good to give thanks to Hashem. (Tehillim 92:1-2)
Isn't every day a good day to thank Hashem? It is especially appropriate to give thanks to Hashem on Shabbos because Shabbos is our weekly "base". It is our safehaven where the outside world cannot tag us and we can take leave of the chaotic concerns of the world for one day each week.
Sunday, June 10, 2012
Since that time
After telling my father that I had finally released my book to the world, he commented:
"You know it doesn't even matter if the book doesn't even sell one copy. The most important thing is that you have grown through the course of the project and that now you are not the same person who started the project. You have certainly grown since that time."
Sunday, June 03, 2012
Bnei Avraham Ahuvecha: Gerim in Chassidic Thought
I am pleased to announce the release of a book that will enthusiastically be sought after by Jews who were not born Jewish, and those on the path to becoming Jewish. It has received glowing approbations from the Sudilkover Rebbe, Bostoner Rebbe, Hornsteipler Rebbe, Rabbi Yitzchok Meir Morgenstern, Rabbi Dovid Meisels, and Rabbi Lazer Brody.
Unlike numerous books already published in English on conversion to Judaism, this book is not a personal narrative, how-to manual, digest of relevant laws, or academic historical overview. This book presents the story behind the story — the mystical teachings found within Chassidic literature that illuminate the hidden inner world of the ger.
Until now, these teachings were scattered in an unorganized manner throughout countless volumes and inaccessible to those unfamiliar with the Hebrew language. With this book, Bnei Avraham Ahuvecha: Gerim in Chassidic Thought, relevant Chassidic teachings are collected, translated from Hebrew into English, organized topically, and further elucidated, when needed. Interspersed with these translated teachings, stories- both old and new - are included to help bring them to life. In addition, this book includes supplementary essays written by Rabbi Chaim Kramer, Rabbi Ozer Bergman, Rabbi Dovid Sears, Rabbi Avraham Chaim Bloomenstiel, and Mrs. Talya Lipshutz (based on conversations with Rav Elazar Mordechai Kenig of Tsfat).
Excerpts from the book’s haskamos (approbations):
• A jewel in any Jewish bookcase for generations to come, [this book] will greatly benefit all those who study it. -- Sudilkover Rebbe
• I am delighted to recommend the book as a meaningful contribution to the growing body of Torah information available to the Chareidi world. Indeed, the project is intriguing both for its timeliness and for its superb scholarship. -- Hornsteipler Rebbe of Milwaukee
• Well researched ... provides many novel ideas from primary sources that are not available to the general public. -- Bostoner Rebbe of Jerusalem
• I have one blessing for my precious friend [the author]: may he see blessings from what he has accomplished and increase the honor of God in the world with his great book. -- Rabbi Dovid Meisels
• This wonderful book is unique in the world of Torah literature. -- Rabbi Lazer Brody
• It is my hope and prayer that learning and internalizing the teachings in this book will sensitize our community to the greatness of the mitzvah to love gerim. -- Rabbi Yitzchok Meir Morgenstern
Bnei Avraham Ahuvecha: Gerim in Chassidic Thought is now available for purchase online here. It is also available on Amazon.com here.