Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Caffeine Detox Timeline

Below is a timeline of events for my ongoing caffeine detox:

Day 1

12:15 pm - First rumblings of very minor caffeine headache
2:30 pm - Throbbing headache - hard to concentrate on what others are saying
7:45 pm - Exhausted

Day 2

8:00 am - Felt sluggish
3:00 pm - Strong caffeine headache after waking up from nap

Day 3

8:00 am - Brain felt like it was crying out for caffeine
2:30 pm - Minor headache
4:00 pm - Headache is gone

Day 4

7:30 am - No headache
8:30 am - Ate my lunch after experiencing ravenous hunger
10:15 am - Very minor throbbing headache
11:00 am - Headache is stronger when I stand up from a seated position

Day 5

6:00 am - Muscles in shoulders are tense
9:30 am - Hard to motivate myself to work
1:00 pm - Felt fine
2:15 pm - Muscles in neck are tense
4:45 pm - Relief from muscle pain

Day 6

6:00 am- Feel great with a clear mind

10 Comments:

At August 10, 2005 at 9:37:00 AM EDT, Blogger torontopearl said...

...if we could only detox ourselves in a matter of days from whatever other negativities and vices we have.

 
At August 10, 2005 at 11:04:00 AM EDT, Blogger PsychoToddler said...

Clean and sober.

 
At August 10, 2005 at 1:22:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! You are an inspiration - 5 days isn't easy, but perseverence pays off!
I hope that we won't have to fast this Tish B'Av, but I'm sure that without the headaches, fasting is much more bearable.
Are you still considering of going back to coffee one day?

 
At August 10, 2005 at 1:38:00 PM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Chabakuk Elisha: Yes, most likely sometime after Rosh Hashanah. I am still curious to see what life is like without it.

 
At September 29, 2005 at 8:18:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, MY BOSS IS HAVING TERRIBLE HEADACHES AND SHE DOESNT KNOW WHAT TO DO, ITS BEEN ABOUT 5 DAYS NOW FOR HER W/O CAFFEINE SO I WENT SEARCHING FOR SOME ANSWERS. I THINK I'LL TRY IT NEXT, THE LORD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU.

 
At September 30, 2005 at 6:40:00 AM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

I am glad that this posting was helpful. Thank you for the feedback.

 
At May 9, 2006 at 1:16:00 PM EDT, Blogger dp said...

Thanks for this. I just started a 'cleanse' yesterday. 7 days, at least, without caffeine, and didn't know what to expect. Now i do.

 
At May 9, 2006 at 1:48:00 PM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Danny: My pleasure. Be sure to check out my posting tomorrow on this same subject.

 
At August 22, 2008 at 11:02:00 AM EDT, Blogger David Hestrin said...

it's the caffeine not the nicotine
or it might be other additives in the cigarettes

my dad smoked for 10 years and quit cold turkey no headaches no nothing and he wasn't an athlete. his diet was probably better than most very much loved salad

i think it might be interested to make a transition to healthier sources of caffeine like raw chocolate or organic coffee

 
At January 18, 2014 at 7:40:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm on day 3 without caffiene or smoking and I kind of feel like I'm dying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home