Monday, July 30, 2007

"HaSimcha Tamid BaLev" - Erez Levanon, HY"D


I don't know what it is, but there is just something about Erez Levanon's song "HaSimcha Tamid BaLev" on the CD "Or BaLev" that immediately makes my heart overflow with sheer unbridled happiness every time I listen it. I sing this song dancing around with my children, I sing it before I walk into my house each day after work, and I sing it in hisbodedus.

So, don't just take my word for it, listen along to these words and when the song reaches the chorus, let its melody fill up your neshoma. As Rebbe Nachman of Breslov taught in Likutey Moharan #41:

"As the joy begins to radiate within you, it will spread to your legs until you literally start to dance for joy. This will banish the forces of impurity, which take hold of the legs, mitigating harsh judgments and enabling you to receive blessings."

Here is a translation of the lyrics:

The joy is always in my heart
Even if sometimes there is pain
The joy is always in my heart

Straightening the crooked
Leaping the heights
Announcing consolations

We are all friends
We are all in love
Even if sometimes we quarrel
We are still friends
Even if sometimes we quarrel
We are still in love
The joy is always in my heart


Erez Levanon, HY"D

12 Comments:

At July 30, 2007 at 8:03:00 AM EDT, Blogger Alice said...

Yahooo!

 
At July 30, 2007 at 1:10:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

B"H

ASJ, Likewise with myself and my daughters, this particular song is one of our favorites. It shares "most played" status on my ipod with only two other songs, "From a soldier to a healer" from Lazer Beams, and "Mitzvas gedolah, liyos B'simcha" from Reb Moshe at Ilovetorah.com. All three songs are, B"H, permanently etched into "driving with Daddy" time.

Rabbi Lazer sent me "Ohr baLev" before Pesach after I had painted the image of Erez that was posted on Lazer Beams as part of his tribute. I have been listening to this CD ever since, and one of the most difficult tasks during the three weeks (and sefira) was to go cold turkey without it. Sometimes listening to it gives me big smiles, other times, I find myself approaching tears, and asking Hashem, "I know You are just,but why him, Hashem?"

To anyone else reading this post, If you are a regular visitor to blogs like ASJ, Lazer Beams, mystical paths, etc..., buying this CD is a slam-dunk great decision on so many levels, from the assistance you'll be giving his family, to the perpetuation of what he lived for and literally died for, to the medicine it would be for your own neshama.

 
At July 31, 2007 at 12:46:00 AM EDT, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Nice.

 
At July 31, 2007 at 3:17:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My students from Yeshivat LevHatorah in Ramat Beit Shemesh stayed at Erez's home for Shabbos the day before he was murdered. They said he was an incredible person, that the Shabbos was truly inspirational.

Everyone should buy his cd to support his wife and children. I think it would make his neshamah leap to see anyone rising up to his music.

 
At July 31, 2007 at 9:10:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO AND SINGING THIS SONG NON STOP SINCE YOU PUT IT UP. I CANT EXPLAIN IT BUT THIS SONG REALLY INFUSES MY BODY WITH A PURE JOY. I JUST ORDERED THE CD LAST NIGHT AND CANT WAIT TO GET IT. THANKS SO0 MUCH. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

 
At July 31, 2007 at 3:39:00 PM EDT, Blogger DixieYid (يهودي جنوبي) said...

I also bought it yesterday. Thank you for writing about this. The song you posted is great and I'm very much looking forward to getting the CD. Yasher koach!

-Dixie Yid

 
At August 2, 2007 at 1:20:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yesterday, looking for chizuch I went to LazerBeams, which led me here. Thanks for the music. I needed it. But I found one other thing, which spoke directly to me:

The Obstacle that Rebbe Nachman taught about: what are we to do when faced with such obstacles?

Shalom u'vracha ASJ

 
At August 2, 2007 at 1:25:00 PM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

The best thing to do would be start with hisbodedus.

 
At August 2, 2007 at 2:25:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your reply ASJ. I will follow your advice.

And I will bookmark your weblog!

 
At August 2, 2007 at 2:25:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

B"H
Thank you so very much. I really needed that right now.
In Faith, Elisheva

 
At August 2, 2007 at 2:26:00 PM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Thank you :)

 
At May 13, 2009 at 11:49:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shalom Aleichem. I am trying to find a copy of the CD by Rav Erez Levanon HY"D ~ "Or BaLev." Any leads? Todah rabba.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home