Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Quintessential Simple Jew - Reb Noson

Today, besides being the fast day of Asara B'Teves, it is also the yahrzeit of Rebbe Nachman of Breslov's main disciple, Reb Noson.

A story about his passing can be read here.

More on his life can be read in this article from Tzaddik Magazine (.pdf)

Selections of the prayers he composed for Likutey Tefilos were translated into English by Rabbi Dovid Sears and be can read here.

Finally, be sure to read 'laizer's blog posting about his visit to Reb Noson's kever in Breslov in October 2005.

--
For more information on Reb Noson, I highly recommend this excellent biography.

2 Comments:

At January 10, 2006 at 10:03:00 AM EST, Blogger MC Aryeh said...

I didn't even know today was his yartzeit! Thank you, ASJ, for the bounty of information you link to here...I will have to see if anything is going on in my area to commemorate the yartzeit...

 
At January 10, 2006 at 10:59:00 AM EST, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

The best thing you could do would be to learn a little of the Likutey Halachos you have.

I am still in the process of trying to get a set for myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home