Friday, March 07, 2008

Send Your Kvitelach To Lizhensk


Received via e-mail from Rabbi Tal Zwecker:

Dear readers, thanks to one of my sponsors, with Hashem's help I will be at the tzion of the holy Rebbe Reb Melech in Lizhensk for the yahrzeit on 21 Adar II.

Please email kvitelach and I will be happy to take them to Lizhensk with me. Kvitelach should be accompanied by a donation if possible. The Rebbe Reb Melech says that the donation, called a pidyon, connects the giver with the one he petitions and allows him to have a connection whereby he has a "right" to petition Hashem on his behalf.

Since that's what the Rebbe says, I urge people to take his advice. Of course I will take with me all kvitelach sent whether accompanied by a donation or not. US, Canadian, or Israeli tax deductible contributions can be sent to:

Mosdos Cleveland
11 Rechov Har Sinai
Ra'anana, Israel


Note: Include a USA/Israeli check payable to Mosdos Cleveland. Canadian: Shikun Cleveland. Kvitelach should be Hebrew name and mothers Hebrew name and request. For your convenience, a virtual Hebrew keyboard can be found here.

UPDATE: "Baruch Hashem! Kvitelach are pouring in! Please keep them coming I will do my best to read and hand deliver them to the Rebbe Reb Melech personally."

1 Comments:

At March 9, 2008 at 12:45:00 PM EDT, Blogger yitz said...

i was under the impression that davka 21 adar aleph was the Reb Meilech's yahrtzeit ..

is there a basis for it being adar bet other than that we generally celebrate adar bet if the event happened in a non-leap year?

as far as i can tell Reb Meilech passed away in 1786/5546 which WAS a leap year, there was an adar aleph and bet, so presumably it's one or the other.. and i (please excuse my haughtiness) think it was aleph, who brings down that it's adar bet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home