Tuesday, September 16, 2008

An Entirely Different Angle

(Picture courtesy of gutenberg.org)

Although I repeatedly left voice mail messages and e-mails for him to contact me before he did so, he left town for good without ever saying goodbye.

"Should I view his actions in a positive light and just assume that he was swamped with the logistics of moving and a myriad of other tasks, and that is why he didn't have a chance to find time for me and and why we did not get together one last time before he left? Or, should I view his actions according to a strict accounting because someone in his position and with his knowledge should be held to a higher set of standards," I asked.

"You should view it from another perspective all together," my wife answered.

"How so? What perspective is that?", I asked.

"Maybe you were never meant to speak with him again before he left town. Maybe what he would have told you would not have been beneficial to you and only would have discouraged you." she replied.

Hearing the these words full of emuna, I said, "Undoubtedly that's what happened. Thank you for putting this in perspective and helping me understand this situation from an entirely different angle."

3 Comments:

At September 16, 2008 at 9:35:00 AM EDT, Blogger DixieYid (يهودي جنوبي) said...

Ashrecha sheyesh lecha isha kazos!

It's good to get those kind of reminders!

-Dixie Yid

 
At September 16, 2008 at 11:23:00 AM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Thanks Dixie Yid. I am glad someone liked that posting.

 
At September 16, 2008 at 4:04:00 PM EDT, Blogger Neil Harris said...

This is a must read for every blogger's spouse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home