Friday, November 21, 2008

Pray For Rain!


Received via e-mail from Rabbi Ozer Bergman:

On my way to Meron this past Monday (of Parshas Chayei Sarah), I passed through Tiverya (Tiberias).

GEVALT!

The Kinneret (Sea of Galilee) is shrinking, shrinking, shrinking. What was once part of the seabed is now coast! Wide patches of the lake are BROWN.

That there has been less than sufficient rainfall here in Eretz Yisrael for the last few years, is not news, at least for those of us who live here. But seeing how bad it is, was a clear sign to me that it can chas v'chalilah get worse.

I am not a poseik, but I think we can start saying extra Tehilim and mishebeirakhs (is that a word?), even on Shabbos, that Eretz Yisrael be blessed very soon with gishmei berakhah. Even though it's a tad early for this year's late-in-coming rain, it's not too early for the accumulated dryness from which we're suffering.

May Hashem bless us to soon praise His Name and to be dancing in the rain of gishmei berakhah. Amen.

2 Comments:

At November 22, 2008 at 2:40:00 PM EST, Blogger chanie said...

If it makes you feel better, I am praying for buckets and buckets every day. Buckets and buckets and buckets and buckets...because soon the government will declare an official drought, ch"v, if it doesn't start raining like the mabul.
I think I should make a circle and refuse to move until it rains.

 
At November 23, 2008 at 7:17:00 AM EST, Blogger Leora said...

It's a lovely photo, even with the brown. I hope Hashem hears all the prayers soon and sends the buckets of rain. I would love to see a greener version of this photo in a few months.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home