Sunday, September 26, 2004

Two Yom Kippur Thoughts...

After the first time we said Al Chet, my rabbi remarked:

"If you didn't feel that these apply to you,
be sure to say them twice."

--

My wife also had a unique insight into Yom Kippur.
She said that when you break it down, you are
eating a big meal before the fast and a big meal after
the fast. In reality you are only not eating for two
meals. So why do people find it so hard? Have
Americans got to the point where they will not
tolerate any bit of inconvenience or discomfort?

1 Comments:

At September 30, 2004 at 2:45:00 AM EDT, Blogger Hokule'a Kealoha said...

Christians are encouraged to fast as well and while it is not s discipline that I relish ( I do have friends that enjoy the discipline of it...) I do think that we are taught to gratify the fresh at all times and its really hard to get away from this. Great posts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home