Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Are you a good father?

"Are you a good father?"

This is a question I don't think I can answer.

The Talmud says "...even if the whole world judging you by your actions tells you that you are righteous, regard yourself as wicked.’" (Niddah 30b). If I applied this teaching to parenting I would be presumptuous and arrogant to say with certainty that "I am a good father" and "My kids are going to turn out to be great kids".

I have two young kids. How do I know how they will turn out?

I try to give my kids lots of attention and love. I daven for them every day.

Am I perfect? No.

Am I a good father?

Only time will tell.


1 Comments:

At October 23, 2004 at 2:22:00 PM EDT, Blogger Batya said...

Being a good parent doesn't garrantee that your kids will be the adults you want them to be. Life's so much more complicated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home