Friday, October 29, 2004

some random thoughts on my family

My wife is a stay-at-home mom. With two small children at home [a toddler and a baby] she is lucky if she gets 5 minutes to herself a day. I try to sympathize and be helpful, but honestly speaking, how can I truly understand what she has to deal with on a daily basis. I have a certain limited understanding what her day is like from the times when I watch the kids and give her time to go out just for herself. In reality I cannot imagine what this might be like day in and day out with no break.

A father has a unique dilemma as well. He is responsible to take care of his family, yet in order to take care of his family he must LEAVE his family for the day in order to make money to provide for them.

These were just some random thoughts I thought I would share.

4 Comments:

At October 29, 2004 at 7:11:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's refreshing to hear a man who has his priorities in the right place. Most men feel that the wife should, not only raise the kids but go to work to help support the family. Thank you for letting her stay home & raise the children. And thank you for giving her that much needed break. Every man should follow your example!!

 
At October 29, 2004 at 10:52:00 AM EDT, Blogger Anshel's Wife said...

I am envious of your wife. I think at home with the kids is where a mother belongs. And good for you for being able to provide for your family. I'm sure you make sacrifices to do so. My husband and I are struggling with the idea that I should quit my job. (something I want to post about) I am afraid of losing health insurance and another salary. I am not a risk taker. I'm also afraid of the sacrifices. I grew up in a well-to-do family and, although, we don't live lavishly or go on vacations or things like that, I still like shop once in awhile or buy things online. I love to buy things for the school or friends. I love to be able to make nice donations. If I don't work, I don't know how we can do any of that. Honestly, I don't know if we could survive on one salary anyway.

So, you are very lucky. Your wife is very lucky. And your kids are the luckiest. And you seem so sensitive to your wife's needs. You sound like a really great guy.

Gut Shabbos

 
At October 29, 2004 at 12:42:00 PM EDT, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

I understand. My wife is a stay at home mom as well. It is a tough job, but it is not always so easy on this side of the fence either.

 
At November 1, 2004 at 6:22:00 PM EST, Blogger Rebbele said...

Totally agree

Thanks for sharing something so simple.

: )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home