Thursday, November 04, 2004

Fear: Tuesday morning story

In order to get to work I have to walk a mile before I get to public transportation.

On Tuesday morning while I was walking early in the morning I almost ran in to a bad situation. Up ahead of me in the darkness I heard the voices of some rough sounding individuals apparently up to no good. I immediately had a bad feeling since a week before there was an attempted home invasion in this neighborhood.

Thank G-d I had enough time to change my route and proceed undetected. I can only imagine what might of happened to me if our paths crossed.

I have been on edge the last two mornings walking.

I don't like to be afraid.

I wish I could rid myself of this fear.

7 Comments:

At November 4, 2004 at 9:45:00 AM EST, Blogger Tamara said...

I once read that the Lubavitcher Rebbe o.b.m. said that when we see something that is out of the ordinary, there's a reason it was shown to us.

I wonder what the message is to you -- perhaps your fear has a message as well.

 
At November 4, 2004 at 10:14:00 AM EST, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

It is kind of spooky that you mention that since I posted to my blog a quote from the Lubavitcher Rebbe on the subject of Hashgacha Pratis shortly before I left to walk that morning.....

 
At November 4, 2004 at 11:09:00 AM EST, Blogger Jewish Exile said...

In answer to your Mail-Jewish query, I think the meaning of "pshat" when it is used by rashi and others does not mean "simple to understand," it just means "the direct intent of the text," as opposed to midrash halacha or aggada, which expand on ideas that may or may not be directly implied by the text. As such, whether a verb is in present or past tense (and why) may be critical to understanding what actually happened in a given story.

 
At November 4, 2004 at 11:17:00 AM EST, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Thanks!

 
At November 4, 2004 at 1:40:00 PM EST, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

It is good to listen to your intuition and compare it to what you see around you.

 
At November 4, 2004 at 10:05:00 PM EST, Blogger Smooth said...

Please listen to your intuition; if I were you I wouldn't take that path again until it is safe again to do so. Your (spiritual) antennae are in tune - they will tell you when it is safe again to go back to your old route.

 
At May 15, 2005 at 3:52:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

to get rid of those fears try EFT www.emofree.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home