Thursday, November 18, 2004

Parenting

The best way to guide children toward a designated set of values is to set the example personally. The personal behavior of parents and the decisions that children watch you make in countless situations make more of an impact upon them than what is said to them directly. So also do the thousands of casual conversations children overhear between mother and father, between parents and friends. It is not what parents claim to profess, but what they do is the real indicator of their beliefs and values.

(Rabbi Hayim Halevy Donin)

2 Comments:

At November 18, 2004 at 11:11:00 AM EST, Blogger PsychoToddler said...

uh oh

 
At November 18, 2004 at 12:12:00 PM EST, Blogger Anshel's Wife said...

This is so true. I lose my temper quite often and I yell. Not just a yell, but a blood curdeling yell. My nine year old son has started doing it when he is watching his younger sisters and even my 4 and 2 year olds are doing it. I know I need to stop now and G-d willing, the kids will stop doing it, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home