Wednesday, December 29, 2004

The best 2 ½ hours of the day

This post continues a string of thought that starts here and is based upon a teaching of Rabbi Chaim Vital.

---

If the way a person acts with his family reflects who he really is, who am I if I am worn down and always tired when I am together with my family?

After work I see my daughter for 2 ½ hours before she goes to bed.

I know I need to earn a parnossa.

I know this is something every father experiences and that my situation is not unique.

I wish that this 2 ½ hours with my daughter was my personal best 2 ½ hours of the day.

Ribbono shel Olam, please give me the strength to invest my all into these 2 ½ hours.

1 Comments:

At December 29, 2004 at 11:53:00 AM EST, Blogger Anshel's Wife said...

We are so on the same page.

The preschool teacher suggested I come home from work early and help put the kids to bed and spend some quality time with them and then go back to work. Makes it harder for me and my husband doesn't want me shlepping back and forth (I live one mile from work). But I need to start doing what is best for the kids and not for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home