Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Tomorrow's Opportunity

I have Thursday off from work and am going to take the opportunity to meet with a rabbi who is in town visiting from Israel. He is very knowledgeable about the history and minhagim of the area in Ukraine where my family is from.

Since I am mainly exposed to Lubavitcher Chassidim, I eagerly anticipate meeting and talking with this rabbi who is from another Chassidic dynasty. It is also of particular interest since his Rebbe is a descendent of the Rebbe of my family's shtetl.

G-d willing, this meeting will help illuminate the path of my ancestors.

4 Comments:

At January 19, 2005 at 7:23:00 AM EST, Blogger Tamara said...

Very cool. You'll definitely have to keep us posted on what happens!

 
At January 19, 2005 at 10:18:00 AM EST, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Tamara: I will certainly let you know what happens.

Moshe: Thank you for your comment and your link.

 
At January 19, 2005 at 12:07:00 PM EST, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Hello - if your IP is 204.50.142 (Canada) please e-mail me an introduce yourself. I am curious to find out who you are.

 
At January 19, 2005 at 12:48:00 PM EST, Blogger Anshel's Wife said...

That is such exciting news for you. I know how important it is for you to be following your family's minhagim. Please let us all know how it goes. Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home