Thursday, February 03, 2005

Goodbye Google News - Continuing the Journey to Simplicity

I wrote about the subject of overexposure to the news back in November. I have slowly reduced my own exposure during the past few months.

After speaking with a like-minded colleague at work, I decided to stop looking at Google news and reduce my news intake even further to the point that I am essentially getting all my news by glancing at headlines in newspaper boxes on the street and through blogs/e-mail.

I can't say that I feel that I am missing anything.

--
Postscript:

Last week I read this book on the subject. With a brilliant premise, it had tremendous potential. I felt betrayed after finishing it since it did not go far enough and settled for the easy Hollywood ending. I don't recommend it.

3 Comments:

At February 3, 2005 at 12:47:00 PM EST, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

If your IP address is 204.50.142 please e-mail me. I am curious to find out who you are. Thanks.

 
At February 3, 2005 at 1:27:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How does one find out their IP address?

 
At February 3, 2005 at 1:32:00 PM EST, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

I am not sure. Sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home