Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Second Guessing Yourself Into Inaction

No matter what you choose to do there is always someone who will disagree with you and find fault with what you are doing or trying to do. Even if you discovered the cure for cancer or AIDS a detractor may still take issue with your motives or the method which led to your discovery.

A person waiting for a consensus for his every move will be standing in the same frustrating place. He will be a spectator his entire life, watching what other people do.

An individual finally reaches the conclusion that if every thing he does is wrong in someone else's eyes, he might as well do what he wants to do.

If you know you are doing the right thing, just do it.

--
Opponents are evidence that you are moving forward. Their power comes from your fear of them.

(Lubavitcher Rebbe)

1 Comments:

At February 1, 2005 at 2:13:00 PM EST, Blogger Anshel's Wife said...

I'm that way with my husband. There have been so many times he didn't like what I did or I just did the wrong thing that I just don't do anything anymore.

For instance, I don't call credit card companies to discuss our accounts because I always forget to say something or ask something, so I let my husband deal with them.

When inspectors would come to the house when my husband was doing some building project, I would insist that he be home because I'd say the wrong thing and then he'd be upset.

I also have this problem with I do the grocery shopping or clothes shopping.

It's better than it used to be, but I still get this achy feeling when I have to do something that I've done "wrong" in the past.

[BTW, I linked you on my site, finally.....]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home