Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Bedtime Conversation With My Two Year Old Daughter

After my wife put my daughter to bed last night, I walked by and peeked into her room. My daughter looked up and saw me and said, "Gimme a kiss Daddy".

I sat down on the side of her bed and this was the conversation that followed:

Good Night.

"Night night .....I have a sister" [she doesn't]

What is her name?

"Puppy dog"

Where is your sister now?

"Outside"

Outside? You leave your sister outside in the cold?

"Bring her in for hot chochate .... I have a brother too ....he's cute ...I take good care of him ...Ki m'Tzion tasaaaay TOrah!

Good night

"Night Night"

2 Comments:

At March 2, 2005 at 12:26:00 PM EST, Blogger torontopearl said...

ASJ, you just put a big smile on my face with your story.
We, too, have our nighttime conversation scenarios -- usually with the two youngest.

Me: Night-night.
N. or A. : Night-night.
Me: Night-night, sleep tight, don't let the... [fill in the blank here] bite.
N. or A. usually like to correct me and fill in the blank with their own choice.

or:
Me: G'night. Sleep tight. I love you.
N. or A.: I love you, too.
Me: I love you more.
N. or A. : I love you the most.
Me: I love you more than that.
N. or A.: I love you the mostest of all...

Well, you can't really top "the mostest of all" !

 
At March 3, 2005 at 1:47:00 PM EST, Blogger Stacey said...

Awww, she sounds adorable, SJ. And so do your children, Pearl.

The stuff that comes out of my 3-month old's mouth never ceases to make me laugh. The baby will be 1 in 10 days and is just now starting to say words. I can't wait until she talks, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home