Thursday, April 28, 2005

Dispatches From the Home Front - Chol HaMoed Edition

My two-year old daughter saw me sitting down rocking my 10-month old son to sleep. She misinterpreted what she saw and reported to my wife that I was nursing her brother. Later she came over to me and lifted up my shirt and said, "Feed me too!"

I explained to her that a daddy could not nurse a baby and that only a mommy has milk to feed a baby. My daughter did not care for this answer and spent the next few minutes running around the house screaming, "I want to have milk too!! I want to HAVE milk too!!!

The next day my daughter brought over a plastic toy animal to her mother and asked her help in deciphering the cryptic writing on the animal's underbelly.

Daughter: "What this says?"

Mother: "Made in China."

Daughter: "No say China! Say AMERICA!! No say China!"

Our home in not a staunch Republican household. I did not even vote for Bush (or Kerry). For some reason my daughter thinks America is some mystical place other than where she lives. It is a place where her friends live and it a magical land full of lollipops and toy stores.

2 Comments:

At April 28, 2005 at 10:39:00 AM EDT, Blogger Stacey said...

Oh my, what a cutie she is!!

 
At April 28, 2005 at 10:45:00 AM EDT, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

That is a great story. My 4.5 year-old has declared that I am not allowed to feed his younger sister at all, (even with a bottle) because only mommies can do that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home