Friday, June 03, 2005

A Homeowner's Problems

Every homeowner knows that it will not be long before the next problem arises that requires his attention. Whether it is a faucet that leaks, an appliance that stops working, or termite infestation, there is always something that will pop up to rob the homeowner of his serenity.

This, however, is only a matter of perspective, for in reality these are not even problems when you consider the following:

My government isn't planning to give my home to people that raise their children to hate me and engage in terrorism.

My government isn't planning to use its armed forces to forcibly expel me if I turn down their offer of compensation.

My government isn't planning to dig up the remains of my relatives and bury them in cemeteries elsewhere.

While these are statements that I am able to make, they are not statements that the Jews in Gush Katif can make. This is their reality. I continue to pour out my heart in prayer to the One who is ultimately in charge, knowing that He will have compassion on them. He too was uprooted from His house.

--

Ribbono shel Olam! When a Jew drops his tefillin he is shocked and distressed. He lifts them up from the floor, kisses them with reverence, and fasts the entire day to atone for their humiliation. Ribbono shel Olam! Your tefillin, the Jewish people - for two thousand years they are lying downtrodden on the ground. When will you raise them up? When, when will you raise them up?

(Rebbe Levi Yitzhak of Berditchev)

3 Comments:

At June 3, 2005 at 10:17:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful and heart-rending thoughts.Hashem don't let it happen.

 
At June 3, 2005 at 5:09:00 PM EDT, Blogger Alice said...

Great points.

 
At June 4, 2005 at 4:06:00 PM EDT, Blogger Batya said...

great post!
But the problem is much bigger than just Gush Katif (and northen Shomron.) There are more, and then more communities on the chopping block. That's why it must be stopped.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home