Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Divine Providence In Your Office

Have you ever looked around at your co-workers and considered that it was hashgacha pratis that they were in the same office with you?

Over the course of our careers we work with countless people, most of whom we lose contact with the day after they stop working with us. Numerous people make their way in and out of our lives and most of the time we never understand why.

Sometimes, however, it is apparent that a person is sent to work in your office in order to enrich your life. Just when you think that there is still a lot to gain from this friendship, the person takes another job and you remain behind.

And sometimes, you are this temporary source of inspiration for another person.

1 Comments:

At August 3, 2005 at 3:01:00 PM EDT, Blogger Anshel's Wife said...

I've often wondering what I'm doing here, at work. Why here? Why this department? Why these co-workers? Why this boss? I don't have all the answers, but I thank G-d everyday for my current situation. I don't hate coming to work and I like my co-workers and my boss is the best. I came to the conclusion (after becoming frum--that is more than 10 years into my job) that I'm here to educate about Judaism. People see me and I'm (relatively)normal. I work hard. I dress neatly. I don't swear. I take care of my kids. I'm here to dispel their myths about observant Jews. Could just be my way of making sense of having to work outside the home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home