Thursday, September 28, 2006

A Brocha For A New Job

Last night, I went to hear Rabbi Yissocher Frand give his inspiring annual teshuva drasha. My friend Neil posted his notes about Rabbi Frand's drasha here.

Before I left, I went up to Rabbi Frand and asked him for a brocha since I am starting a new job on Tuesday. I told him that of the many Jews who work in my organization, I would be one of the only Jews who wears a yarmulke at work. Rabbi Frand smiled and said, "Hatzlocha to you. May you be a kiddush Hashem there!"

It is my intention to do just this when I walk in Tuesday morning.

8 Comments:

At September 28, 2006 at 9:19:00 AM EDT, Blogger Neil Harris said...

Thanks for the link, hope I didn't leave too much out in my notes!

 
At September 28, 2006 at 2:29:00 PM EDT, Blogger yitz said...

B'Hatzlacha Rabba in your new position! May it indeed be a Kiddush Hashem!

 
At September 28, 2006 at 2:31:00 PM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Thanks, Yitz!!

 
At September 28, 2006 at 6:38:00 PM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Amen! Thank you!

 
At September 28, 2006 at 10:42:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

will u still be bloggin?

 
At September 28, 2006 at 11:07:00 PM EDT, Blogger MC Aryeh said...

I have no doubt that you will make all your co-workers proud that you are a yid. Tremendous bracha and hatzlacha for your new beginning...

 
At September 29, 2006 at 8:16:00 AM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Neshama: I intend to :)

MCAryeh: Thank you my friend!

 
At October 3, 2006 at 6:39:00 AM EDT, Blogger Philly Farmgirl said...

Much Hatzlacha on the new job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home