Monday, December 10, 2007

Changing Tactics - A Perek A Day

(Progress chart courtesy of Chardal)

Realizing that my undertaking from 17 Iyar might just go the route of my childhood lego castles, I decided over Shabbos that I need to pick up the pace. To date, I have only completed Shabbos, Eiruvin, Pesachim, Rosh Hashana, Beitzah, Taanis, Avos, and Shekalim. Instead of learning an average of two Mishnayos a day, I have now started learning a whole perek each day.

I initially began this undertaking by using the small-sized Artscroll Mishnayos. However, since I usually learn on public transportation, I found the small print to be very hard on my eyes over time. Additionally, although the Artscroll commentary is thorough and excellent, I recently switched to using the Kehati Mishnayos because of the brevity and simplicity of Kehati's commentary.

G-d willing, this new stategy to complete learning all Shisha Sidrei Mishnah will prove to be more successful.

4 Comments:

At December 10, 2007 at 9:51:00 PM EST, Blogger Neil Harris said...

I can (as on learing Mishnayos in memory of my in-laws) that daily learning give you a sense of true accomplishment. Keep it up!

 
At December 11, 2007 at 2:47:00 AM EST, Blogger Kosher Foodie said...

Hatzlocho Rabba with applying your seder!

 
At December 11, 2007 at 6:40:00 AM EST, Blogger Moshe David Tokayer said...

Hatzlacha!! A perek a day can get difficult in that there are long perakim and also there are difficult perakim. I once learnt mishnayos according to a slightly different schedule. I found that by learning 12 mishnayos a day you finish Shas in one year. I did this with one of my children. We also used Kahati. It worked pretty well. Whatever you choose to do may you have hatzlacha and merit completing Shas mishnayos many times!!

 
At December 11, 2007 at 6:52:00 AM EST, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Neil, Perel, and Moshe: I truly appreciate the encouragement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home