Friday, December 21, 2007

An E-mail From My Mom

(Image courtesy of slocity.org)

Received via e-mail from my Mom:

The fellow that installed the new dishwasher broke a pipe. Water was at least contained to the kitchen. I had to call a plumber to fix it. Fortunately I found the shut off for the water outside the house. Had been shown before. The one installer said it couldn't be there because it said "electric" but they both were in the same place. That delayed things. The one installer was soaked because he was trying to hold back the water.

The two installers were Hispanic. Only one spoke to me directly. They both were accountable and said the money would come out of their pay checks. They were so nice and I felt bad for them. I checked with the plumber to see if it was just an old pipe, and he said, no, the installer broke it.

I talked with your dad and we decided not to ask for any money for the repair - especially being this time of year when they need money to buy presents for their families.

So everything is fine now and I had the plumber fix another pipe that was not totally secure.

I responded:

I am glad you got things under control and have to tell you how impressed I am and grateful that I have parents like the two of you. Your compassion for others is a model for others to emulate.

2 Comments:

At December 21, 2007 at 10:16:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. You learned kindness and thoughtfulness at home, long before you knew the word "chessed." Your mother sounds like a lovely person!

 
At December 21, 2007 at 1:06:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha -- So that's where you get it!

very nice story

 

Post a Comment

<< Home