Friday, December 12, 2008

Crossing The Dniester

(Painting by Shoshannah Brombacher)

כִּי בְמַקְלִי, עָבַרְתִּי אֶת-הַיַּרְדֵּן הַזֶּה

With my staff I crossed this Jordan. (Bereishis 32:11)

Degel Machaneh Ephraim, Parshas Vayishlach:

One can further explain this along the lines of that which my master, my grandfather [the Baal Shem Tov] related: Once he crossed the Dniester River without using any name; instead, he laid down his gartel, and crossed upon it. He said that it was with great emuna that he crossed.

1 Comments:

At September 21, 2021 at 7:03:00 AM EDT, Blogger Esteban Ritchey said...

Thanks for sharing with me. It was fantastic to read. In addition to being interesting, it is also very attractive. There was no way I could stop until I finished. You can find tips on choosing spinner wheels in the article. This document contains more details by clicking here spin the wheel find your answers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home