Thursday, October 22, 2009

Nonexistent Free Time


I have been working diligently on my new project over the past two weeks since the time of my last posting. Even though I am waking up an hour and half before going to work each morning, I have found that I still don’t have as much time as I would like to. I devote the first hour to my daily learning seder and the last half hour to working on this project. While occasionally I am able to find small amounts of “free time” here and there throughout the course of the day, for the most part I am limited to just 30 minutes a day.

Yesterday, I was zoche to speak with Rabbi Tal Zwecker on the phone for the first time. In the course of our conversation, Rabbi Zwecker related to me how he had completed his translation of Noam Elimelech in his "nonexistent free time". Hearing this was a tremendous chizuk to me and also a reminder of the words of the Piaceszna Rebbe:

If you are willing to exert yourself, you will find storehouses of hidden time.

15 Comments:

At October 22, 2009 at 12:20:00 PM EDT, Blogger Neil Harris said...

That is a very powerful quote from the Piaceszna. Thank you and hatzlacha.

 
At October 22, 2009 at 1:21:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where is that quote from?
thanks
p.s.cant wait to hear about the project, i check everyday to see if there is an update.

 
At October 22, 2009 at 2:07:00 PM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

If I remember correctly the quote is from Tzav V'Ziruz.

The project that I am working on is a book project; an anthology of collected pieces from Chassidishe seforim that I am translating and writing elucidations to.

 
At October 22, 2009 at 6:25:00 PM EDT, Anonymous dimyon said...

Lots of Hatzlocha on this project! As a devoted reader of asimplejew, I'm greatly looking forward to this.

 
At October 26, 2009 at 11:39:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Bob Miller said...

Do you have a specific theme or organizing principle that pulls together all the selected pieces?

 
At November 5, 2009 at 1:41:00 AM EST, Blogger Batya said...

B'Hatzlacha!

 
At November 20, 2009 at 12:49:00 PM EST, Blogger AS said...

reminds me of what a rebbe of mine said: If you don't have time, make the time! :)

 
At December 28, 2009 at 3:39:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been here in a while, but have decided it's time to get back to reading my favorite blogs from the past. I'm so glad you're still here. Still wonderful stuff.

 
At March 10, 2010 at 7:57:00 PM EST, Blogger Esther said...

Rav Erez Moshe Doron who has written many books, also says he's written in snatches of time in airports etc.
Hatzlacha!

 
At March 21, 2010 at 12:47:00 AM EDT, Blogger Unknown said...

i miss your blog :(

my blog moved!

michaelmordechai.com

- Long Beach Chasid.

 
At May 21, 2010 at 7:02:00 PM EDT, Anonymous David said...

You are dearly missed ASJ. Hope all is well. A reader of your blog for years.

 
At May 31, 2010 at 3:26:00 PM EDT, Blogger Unknown said...

I miss this

 
At July 8, 2010 at 11:45:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Yishai said...

We miss you. Can you give us an update? What was that big project you were working on? I hope you tell us eventually!

 
At July 16, 2010 at 10:01:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking about you, wish you would come back

 
At September 13, 2010 at 6:49:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss this blog so much. I cant believe you stopped. i still check it once in a while hoping...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home