Thursday, September 15, 2005

Caffeine Detox - Part II

It has been a little over a month since I undertook my caffeine detox. The most noticeable benefit of this detox is that I sleep great. As soon as I put my head on the pillow each night, I am out cold and sleep deeply the whole night through.

In the past, my wife packed a can of Diet Coke along with the kids' sippy cups and snacks before we would leave the house. Now, without caffeine, my wife told me that she noticed that I have a renewed energy level and am not as sluggish when I get home from work.

I feel much calmer and peaceful without caffeine. At the same time, I notice that those around me seem to be hyped-up and easily irritated. For the time being, I will stay away from soda and coffee and see if this detox has other positive benefits.

8 Comments:

At September 15, 2005 at 11:12:00 AM EDT, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Good luck with it. It sounds like it is really working well.

 
At September 15, 2005 at 12:28:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Keep it up - It seems that there's no down side, why would you want to go back?
Sounds like you're living a poison-free life.

 
At September 15, 2005 at 1:56:00 PM EDT, Blogger Hirshel Tzig - הירשל ציג said...

Detox for caffeine? c'mon!

 
At September 15, 2005 at 2:13:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hirshel,
Do you read the earlier posts about it? It goes back to pre-Tisha B'Av...

 
At September 15, 2005 at 3:53:00 PM EDT, Blogger Hirshel Tzig - הירשל ציג said...

the first Tisha B'av? I can't go back that that far!

 
At September 15, 2005 at 4:32:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hirshel,
You are sooooo funny. Here:
http://asimplejew.blogspot.com/2005/08/when-month-of-av-enters-we-minimize.html
then:
http://asimplejew.blogspot.com/2005/08/caffeine-detox-timeline.html

 
At September 16, 2005 at 10:00:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, what did u replace the caffeine with?

 
At September 16, 2005 at 10:08:00 AM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Anonymous: Water. Instead of drinking a LARGE coffee and two or three Diet Cokes a day, now I just drink a lot of water.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home