Thursday, January 04, 2007

A Conversation With A Tzaddik

Last night, I spoke on the telephone with the Sudilkover Rebbe for another two hours. He gave me a beautiful brocha before we ended our conversation in which he mentioned the Hebrew names of my wife, three children, and myself off the top of his head. The Sudilkover Rebbe also told me that he davens for my family and myself every single day.

I was absolutely stunned upon hearing this because I knew that only someone who actually mentions these names each day in davening can recall them so quickly. I cannot describe the feeling that I have knowing that my family and I are in this tzaddik's daily prayers; I cannot describe how special I think this tzaddik is.

The Sudilkover Rebbe, in his humility, would certainly object to me calling him a "tzaddik", and I am certainly not using this word to embarrass him. This is just my perception of him and an honest expression of my feelings.

8 Comments:

At January 4, 2007 at 12:02:00 PM EST, Blogger yitz said...

Of course he's a tzaddik, but you must also realize that you've become... a Chassid!!! Mazel Tov!!!

 
At January 4, 2007 at 1:49:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please let us know info about The Sudilkover Rebbe, such as where he lives, family tree, pictures, etc...
It would be great if you could let us know more about this Tzadik. Tizku L'mitzvas!

 
At January 4, 2007 at 1:52:00 PM EST, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

More on the Sudilkover Rebbe can be found here

 
At January 4, 2007 at 7:40:00 PM EST, Blogger torontopearl said...

You are very fortunate indeed, to be included in his davening. How many "simple Jews" can say that a great rav is davening with them and their family in mind.
Let's hope that his davening continues to benefit you in every path of your work and personal life!

Psst! can you get me on the "guest list"? ;)

 
At January 4, 2007 at 9:30:00 PM EST, Blogger Neil Harris said...

There is truly nothing better than attaching oneself to holy yidden. Make sure you children know about the lengths you go to (when they are older).

 
At January 5, 2007 at 4:38:00 AM EST, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Thank you for your kind words, Pearl and Neil :)

 
At January 7, 2007 at 7:05:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're very fortunate. What a zechus! I wonder why I'm not usually able to approach tzadikim in such a way as to be able to start such a big conversation. I'm usually only able to get out a quick question and a bracha when I get the chance. Any advice?

-Dixie Yid

 
At January 8, 2007 at 6:38:00 AM EST, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Dixie Yid: I think it depends on the accesibility and your personal relationship with the individual tzaddik.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home