Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Brilliance Of The Feminine Mind - Part II

(Picture courtesy of dnr.sc.gov)

One Sunday morning after the kids had eaten their breakfast, I stayed sitting at the kitchen table to finish a cup of coffee and talk with my wife.

"Why don't you two go downstairs and build a castle with the Mega Bloks and I will come down once I have finished my coffee"

"How many minutes, Daddy?"

"I don't know. I just want to finish this cup of coffee and talk with Mommy a bit more."

Within two minutes, both of them were back up the stairs and loitering around the kitchen table.

"Are you done yet??"


"No. Go down stairs. I will be down really soon. You can play in your rooms or downstairs, but you need to be out of the kitchen in five seconds 1…..2…..3….4….5"

They scurried off and then camped out on the stairs to the basement, staring up at us like two little raccoons peeking in through a window.

"You two NEED to go downstairs right now. Anyone who even puts one foot in the kitchen before I come downstairs will be put in their room immediately."

"Oh…all right!" (said as they walk down the stairs)

Another two minutes passes, and I overheard my daughter giving instructions to her younger brother:

"Hey, go upstairs into the kitchen and tell Mommy that you need to go potty"

"I HEARD THAT!"

--
The Brilliance Of The Feminine Mind - Part I can be seen here

2 Comments:

At June 12, 2007 at 9:35:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Over the years I have noticed that most humans would rather be bored-stiff, but with a chance of being there when something interesting happens, than self-entertained and risking missing something else. And the more they are told to “move on, there’s nothing to see here,” the more they’ll want to stay...

 
At June 12, 2007 at 12:30:00 PM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Very true!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home