Thursday, August 23, 2007

More On Uplifting Sparks In Music

(Picture courtesy of Yood.org)

Received via e-mail from Moshe F.:

Hey ASJ. I've been following all your recent discussions on both Jewish music and hisbodedus, and here's something that could contribute to both of them.

The Arutz 7 TV had an interview with YOOD, a Chassidic rock band. In the interview, the band talk about uplifting sparks in music, tohu and tikkun, and I think the song played during the interview (set my soul free) is an excellent example of hisbodedus! If you find it worth while to talk about, I think it could broaden everyone's horizons about these two important subjects.

Here's the link. (The interview starts on 5th minute and goes to minute 12.)

3 Comments:

At August 23, 2007 at 9:14:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moshe F. said, "I think the song played during the interview (set my soul free) is an excellent example of hisbodedus!"

If it's done before an audience is it hisbodedus at all? Or do you mean it has a format and/or content like hisbodedus?

 
At August 23, 2007 at 11:21:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

chasidic "rock"...you mean like H' is my Rock? :)

 
At August 23, 2007 at 4:13:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bob: I meant the format/content. I'm not sure the band had hisbodedus in mind when they put the song together, but the song is basically a powerful personal prayer, which is a part of what hisbodedus is.

anon: that's a good way to look at it:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home